Area of current InterestDevelopment of magnetic materials for applications and use of magnetic techniques for evaluation of damage in engineering components.
- Paper published/presented: 261
- Paper published in SCI Journal: 156
- Paper presented at International Conf./Workshop: 50
- Paper presented at National Seminar/Conf./workshop: 55
- Patent (granted/ filed): 15 (Two US patents, Two European patents)
- Copy rights : 4
- Edited book: 01 on “Non-destructive Evaluation”
- Book Chapter: 01 on “At New Trends in Alloy Development, Characterization and Application: Alloy Development through Rapid Solidification for Soft Magnetic Application”
- NUMBER OF TECHNOLGY DEVELOPED/LICENSED: 04
(02-Licensed, 01-Delivered to industry)
- Indigenous Development of Melt-spinning System of 1 kg Capacity Capable of Generating 25mm Wide Metallic Ribbons (TRL-6)
- Technology Transferred to M/s Vacuum Techniques, Bangalore.
- MagStar: A Portable Magnetic Hysteresis and Barkhausen Emissions system for Non-destructive Evaluation of Steel Structure/Component (TRL-8) Technology Transferred to M/s Technofour, Pune.
- MagStar: A Portable Giant Magneto-Impedance (GMI) based Magnetic Sensing Device for NDE Applications (TRL-7) Technology given to R&D Centre of India Oil Company Limited, Faridabad
- MagStrics: Amorphous Materials Based Magneto-Strictive Sensing (MsS) Device for Guided Wave generation for Pipeline Inspection (TRL-6)
Awards / Fellowship
- National Metallurgist Day (NMD) Award: Best Metallurgist of the Year-2006 by Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India
- National NDT award in year 1997 & 2000 by Indian Society for Nondestructive Testing
- MRSI Medal-2011 by Materials Research Society of India
- USAID fellowship and worked at Ames Laboratory & NDE Centre of Iowa State University, USA in the year 1994.
- JSPS Invitation fellowship and worked at the Institute of Materials Research (IMR), Tohoku University, Japan in the year 2003 (long term) and Iwate University, Japan in the year 2011 (short term)
- Guest Researcher in 2014 and worked at the Public University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain under International Programme on Excellence, Govt. of Spain.
Fellow of Professional Society
- The Indian Institute of Metals
- The Indian Society for Non-destructive Testing
- The Institute of Engineers (India)
Selected 5-Papers published in last 5 years
- Role of P on amorphization, microstructure, thermo-physical and soft magnetic properties of Fe-rich FeB (P) SiNbCu melt-spun alloys, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 492 (2019)165723
- Assessment of recovery and recrystallisation behaviours of cold rolled IF steel through non-destructive electromagnetic characterisation, Phil. Mag. 98 (2018) 1933-1944
- Electrical model of giant magnetoimpedance sensors based on continued fractions Sensors and Actuators A 242 (2016) 73–78
- Influence of Mn incorporation for Ni on the magnetocaloric properties of rapidly solidified off-stoichiometric NiMnGa ribbons, J. of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 397 (2016) 342–346
- Influence of phase transformation on interfacial activity and bend sensitivity of rapidly quenched Fe77.5Si7.5B15/Co72.5Si12.5B15 bilayered magnetostrictive ribbons, J. of Mag. and Mag. Mater. 378(2015)440–446
Department of Physics
IIT Jodhpur, NH65,
Nagaur Road, Karwar,
Jodhpur 342037, Rajasthan, India
(91 291) 280 1642